Last month, EJ Churchill withdrew its involvement from the Compak World Championship on 24-27 August 2016, but the event will now go ahead as planned.
The FITASC website showed that the event would take place at the High Wycombe ground on Monday while previously it said the location was “TBA.”
Last week EJ Churchill managing director Rob Fenwick had a telephone conference with Jean-François Palinkas, which the FITASC president said was “to explain everything and to find out how the competition is run from a financial and organisational standpoint,”
Mr Fenwick wanted to share the risk and reward of hosting such an event and while that will remain with EJ Churchill, FITASC will assist with obtaining sponsorship. He said: “We know FITASC doesn’t like being questioned, and I think we are one of the first people to do so on this, but they are going to work with us more proactively now.
“I’m pleased for the shooters. I want the Compak World Championship to come to the UK and I want to show off our country.”
To enter the Compak World Championship at EJ Churchill Shooting Ground on 24-27 August, visit www.fitasc.com.